Thursday, July 17, 2008

What I've Learned

I was recently asked, while being filmed, what I've most improved upon since I first started DM'ing was. I didn't have to think for too long about the answer, and thus, I shall post it for you here:

"When I first started out, I didn't understand how to make the game fun, while still applying the rules of the game. I think since then, a certain amount of investment in learning the rules, and learning how you can use the rules to make it fun and balanced is the important part."

I can't stress this enough, in fact. Making the game fun is number one. You don't always have to follow the rules, but knowing as much about the rules and the game system as you can is truly invaluable.

I've been awfully busy lately, and the blog is suffering. However, I've got some works in progress coming up that should be very interesting.

No comments:

Hill People