Thursday, July 31, 2008

Where I've Been

So, I inadvertently decided to take a week or two off from the blog. There wasn't much for me to write about, and I was having some difficulty finding the free time to sit down and get analytical, or creative. I do intent to keep it up though, but at quite the same rate as I did.

From henceforth on, I shall be updated only 4 days a week. Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday will be days of choice. However, depending on what is happening in my life, I may postpone a post till the next day, or do a double on the next posting day.

I want to get into game design. There are many aspects of it that I enjoy, but the first thing I want to do is to actually make some games.

From here on out, I will be working extensively on three different projects.

Project Board Game: I will be designing and making my own board game. This will teach me balance, and give me the opportunity to create a game both mentally and physically as I get to construct the actual pieces that are used in the game.

Project Modules: Another project will involve me writing up some of my favorite quests into modules. I believe that my writing has matured enough that I could start doing this for some extra cash if they get published.

Project Cooperation: Me and my former roommate once began designing an RPG. I am going to seek his permission to take this to a whole new level, and see if I can coordinate a group of people to contribute, revise, and playtest his brainchild to a "completed" state.

To keep me on track, I will be dedicating my Sunday post to describing any progress I have made on at least one of these projects. Wish me luck.

-Lance of the Motivated People

No comments:

Hill People